Friday, January 2, 2009

Goals

I haven't posted on here since October! However, it's a new year and I am hoping to update this more often. Most likely not every day, but hopefully more than I have been.

So it's the new year and I have set some goals for myself!

-Do Hard Things

It is my goal this year that I will do hard things for Christ, that I will stand up for Him in bigger ways than I ever have before, and that I will follow His lead wherever He leads me - perhaps farther out of my comfort zone than ever before.

-Keep it Simple

It is also my goal this year that I will make my life more simple. It is my goal that I will have a more childlike, genuine faith in Christ. I have learned in great ways this year that it is easy to get so deep in your faith that you begin to defend yourself more than (and instead of) God. It is my goal this year that I will defend God more than myself and that my life will be simple and my faith will be genuine. I don't want to get this confused though; "A simple man believes anything, but a prudent man gives thought to his steps." [Proverbs 14:15] I don't just want to believe whatever I hear. I want to be prudent about it; not simple-minded. There is a huge difference between a simple and a childlike faith.

This year, it is my goal to completely hope in Christ, believe in things that only God could accomplish, and dream "impossible" dreams. And it is my goal to carry out that hope, that belief and trust, and those dreams by achieving all that God has purposed for me this year. It will be challenging, but it will be worth it. It is always worth it to serve my Lord.

1 comment:

Emily Barclay said...

REALLY good Molly! Glad to see that you posted again! I know that is one of my things this year. I want to post every day!

-Emily