Thursday, January 3, 2008

The Goal

I had a better day today than I did yesterday. I am definitely still learning that God is all that I need to truly satisfy me, though. Life with Christ is definitely a journey, and every journey has its curves and high places and low places. Some journeys aren't even worth taking, though. But I know that this journey with God that I [and every other Christ-follower] am taking is one that is worthwhile. I wrote in my journal last night to God that what keeps me going on this journey is knowing what lies at the end for me. I will see Jesus and I will bask in God's presence. I will feel His holiness and His presence stronger than I ever have here on earth. I will live with God forever in a glorious place called Heaven where He is now preparing a place for me. And that is what keeps me going when loneliness, disappointments, fears, pain, and trials come my way.

"I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."
-Philippians 3:14

Like Paul, I press on toward the goal to win the prize and receive my reward in which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus! How amazing - and that is what I live for and that is why I am still on this journey.

Lyrics from the song "I Belong to You" by BarlowGirl and Superchic[k]:

Everybody needs to belong somewhere
Life can feel so alone without someone who cares
And when life becomes something just to get through
That's when I'm glad that I belong to You
I belong to You,
I belong to You...
You're the One who will never let me down,
won't let me down,
I belong to You
Sometimes life brings more pain than we can bear alone
When hope is gone and I have no strength to stand on my own
Nothing helps theres nothing that I can do
You surround me and show me I belong to You
I belong to You,
I belong to You...
You're the One who will never let me down,
won't let me down,
I belong to You
When love is gone there's no arms to run to anymore
I'm all alone, theres no one for me to live for
Letting go of the things I always come to
Thats when I need to feel
That I belong to YouI belong to You,
I belong to You...
You're the One who will never let me down,
won't let me down,
I belong to You

I've been feeling that exact way a lot lately. God has been gently lifting up my head and whispering to me, "Yes, you belong to Me. Always and forever - you belong to Me." How refreshing and encouraging and amazing. I love God and I am forever grateful for Him. And I am thankful for all of you who have been encouraging me lately... thank you!

No comments: