Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Intimacy With God

Well I think I'm getting out of my slump. Which is a very good thing! I want to grow closer to God than I ever have been before. I want to have a deep relationship with God. I was listening to Nancy Leigh DeMoss today and she was talking about the relationship and communion that Moses had with God. It was such a deep relationship and such an amazing communion that Moses had with God. When Moses went to meet with God, all of the people in his camp would stand outside their tent doors and watch him. Some even went with Moses to meet with God. It's obvious that Moses' sincere devotion to God influenced the people around Him to also have a relationship with God.

-Is your life motivating people to get right with God?
-Are you shining so much for God that when people see you they want what you have -- a relationship with God?
-Does the way that you live inspire others to be more like God?

Just some things to think about. I know that I want to live the kind of life that brings honor and glory to God and that also inspires others to get closer to God. What people need from me and from you is someone who can give them good, Godly, advice and someone who can encourage and uplift them in their walk with Christ. And if I'm going to do that, then I need to daily be in the Presence of God. You shouldn't just go to God when you're in trouble - or when you had a really good day and you're feeling good about yourself. Every day you should be in the Presence of God. Every day I should be in the Presence of God. I should go to God everyday and just drown in His love and His mercy and His Presence.

Why does it take so long for God to get my attention sometimes? Why do I hesitate going into the Presence of God, when I know from the past that it is such an amazing place to be?

"The LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks with his friend. Then Moses would return to the camp, but his young aide Joshua son of Nun did not leave the tent."
-Exodus 33:11


Joshua stayed behind in the tent because he wanted what Moses had - he wanted that relationship with God! And oh, how I want that, too. How I want an intimate, sincere, deep, relationship with God. I guess I just feel like I'm in a part of my journey right now where I'm not growing. But then I really think about it and I realize that I am growing. I am learning so much about God and about life and about myself. God has been revealing things to me and I am so thankful for Him. I am so, so, eternally grateful for God. I feel overcome by His wondrous love and mercy and grace and compassion and fairness and discipline and guidance.

Our God is an awesome God.

No comments: