Friday, May 8, 2009

Learning to Persevere

Today God taught me a lot about perseverance....

"You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised."
-Hebrews 10:36

This goes along with everything else that God has been teaching me - the immeasurable power of the Holy Spirit inside of me to accomplish the impossible, how to serve Him and others even when I don't feel like it, and how to love Him and others genuinely.

1 Corinthians 13:7 says of love, "It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. "

This journey with Christ is worth every step. Persevere! He is all that I have and all that I need when it comes right down to it... and when challenges and discouragements come, I need to persevere with His strength. It is all for the Kingdom of God and for His glory!

No comments: