Thursday, May 14, 2009

Living Life in the Hands of THE Life

Well, I didn't post last night, but yesterday, once again, I learned some things from Life Action. Ryan Loveing was talking about how the future of our nation and the future of our churches are in the hands of my generation. He had all of the youth in the congregation stand up to emphasize the truth that the future is in our hands. That definitely made me think about what I am doing while I am here to further God's Kingdom and what kind of legacy I am leaving behind. Do I truly realize the impact that I have - either good or bad - on humanity? I may be a single life, but a single life - when serving and following and obeying God - can and will go a long way.

Wesley was talking a lot about forgiveness to the youth last night. He was saying that forgiveness is a choice, not an emotion... And that is why we can forgive in spite of it hurting us and in spite of any emotions we may feel. He was saying that we can never be more like Jesus when we choose to forgive and we can never be less like Jesus when we choose not to forgive.

"Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, 'Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?' Jesus answered, 'I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.'"
-Matthew 18:21,22

Jesus doesn't say: "Forgive, except for this..." or "Forgive, but if she does this...". Jesus says to forgive much! How willing am I to forgive someone who has hurt me in a huge way? How willing am I to confront someone to sincerely ask for forgiveness? How willing am I to push past my pride of worrying about them thinking that I am admitting to being right when they are "obviously wrong"? The truth is, it doesn't matter if they are 99% in the wrong! Jesus cares about my 1% and I must choose to humbly seek reconciliation and forgiveness.

Today was their last day here, so tonight some of us and some of them got to spend time together before they left. It is sad to see them go, but it was great to have them back again!

It seems that today I learned how to live out some of the things that God has been teaching me lately. I had a really great day and I am excited to be living life knowing THE Life... and to be living it in His Hands.

"...to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen."
-Romans 16:27

No comments: