Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Revolve Tour

Well, over the weekend I went to the Revolve Tour. It was amazing. There is no other word to describe it... it was amazing. There were really cool Christian bands there, awesome speakers, great skits, and then the Revolve Praise Team (which was really, really, good). I went with my youth group and even got to hang out with Lacee and Emily for a little! It was such a blast.
On the ride there, we were listening to music and talking and eating... haha it was fun. Then we got to our hotel (which was really nice) and put our stuff in the rooms and then we all went to get something to eat. Then we went to the actual Revolve Tour, which was amazing. After that, we went to the grocery store and got some ice creeeaaamm. Haha. We didn't get back to the hotel until like 11:00. So we went back, watched a little TV, got showers, and went to sleep. In the morning, we all got ready and left again for the Revolve Tour (Saturday). Saturday was even more amazing. Hawk Nelson, Natalie Grant, KJ-52, and Ayiesha Woods all sang. Chad Eastham, Jenna Lucado, Rachel Hockett, Brie Reed, and Natalie Grant spoke. I missed Rachel Hockett, though, because I was waiting in line to meet KJ and get his autograph. I ended up getting KJ-52, Ayiesha Woods and one of her band members, Chad Eastham, and Jenna Lucado's autographs. I only actually met Jenna Lucado and KJ, though. I want to go back next year so bad. I learned so much about God, about myself, and about guys by going there. And I bought Chad Eastham's book The Truth About Guys, so I'm looking forward to reading that.
So not only was it a blast (rapping with KJ and the girls, singing with Hawk Nelson, Natalie Grant, and Ayiesha Woods, getting autographs, annoying the security guard...) but I also learned. And it was so cool to sing out to God with about 10,000 other girls and the Revolve Praise Team.
Monday
Monday night was Bible Study. We started a new book called Green is Not Your Best Color, which talks about jealousy, guys, anger, and a bunch of other good issues (I just called guys issues... haha, well, guess they kind of are). Monday night we talked about anger. It was really good.

Tuesday
Tuesday we had this program thing at our church, so I helped out with the kids. :]

Wednesday

Last night was youth group. Wow, we're using a book Love Your Neighbor and it's talking about ethics from a Christian perspective. It is very, very challenging. It definitely helps to do it with a group, because I don't think I could do it on my own. The main author of it, Norman Geisler, was at our church on Sunday. He was talking about atheists and stuff... and like how they contradict themselves so much and how they put down atheism. Atheists put down their own beliefs. It's recorded in different atheist's quotes; it's true. That really gave me a fresh perspective on God and what I believe. It was good.

Well, I can't say that I've been keeping up with my Proverbs too well. This whole getting-up-early-to-read-my-Bible thing is new to me, and so it's hard. I did it yesterday for Proverbs 7 and I did it today, for Proverbs 8. Today, though, I didn't get up early to do it. I did it after I woke up, which wasn't too early. I realize I have so much room to grow in Christ... and I'm glad God is opening my eyes to that, but if you guys could pray that I would follow Him and obey Him, that would be great.

No comments: