Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Beauty

Well I wanted to get up at 5:30 this morning, but that didn't happen. I had my alarm set and I kept hitting the "snooze" button (you know, I don't think that button is a very good button haha) and I kept drifting in and out of a really weird dream. I thought I was awake, but then I finally got up at around 7:00. Yes, I hit the snooze button from 5:30-7:00. I don't know how I did that.
Anyway, when I did get up, I went straight for my Bible and my spiritual journal and started reading Proverbs 9. God definitely gave me the strength, determination, and desire to do that. Even though I did it faster (reading it and doing the checklist that I do with it) than I would have liked to (I was low on time), I'm so glad I got to do that. Then I got a shower and started school for the day. In English class, we had a debate on the result of Edgar Allan Poe's death. I like telling people what I believe and why, but not on something like that. But I was the leader of the alcoholism group (the group that believes he died as a result of alcoholism) and so I had to make up a presentation and present it to the class. I guess I did okay. I'm not very good at speeches and things like that, so it was good practice. Our group collected a lot of facts to back up our predicted cause of his death (alcoholism), so that's good.
Well tonight I had skit practice for the youth group DRAMA team. I'm not a drama, actor, kind of person, but I thought I'd try something new and see how I did. I think it'll help me to be more outgoing and step out of my comfort zone even more... because it seems like everytime I get out of my comfort zone and into God's, I step right back into mine again. That's something that I need to work on.
Another thing that I really need to work on is the beauty thing... I feel so inadequate sometimes. And I know that I am beautiful, because God created me beautiful -- even if at times I don't feel like I am. I think it's something that most girls struggle with. And I need to stop. I need to realize that God created me for Him. And He created me - and you - beautiful.

"We are the clay, and You are the potter."
Isaiah 64:8b (NLT)


God is the Potter. We are the clay. And so:
"What sorrow awaits those who argue with their Creator. Does a clay pot argue with its maker? Does the clay dispute with the one who shapes it, saying, 'Stop, you're doing it wrong!' Does the pot exclaim, 'How clumsy can you be?""
Isaiah 45:9 (NLT)


Well, guys, I'm out...

No comments: